Tropical Worm Caused The Death Of An American – Part 1 of 3
Tropical Worm Caused The Death Of An American. A Vietnamese alien in California died of a massive infection with parasitic worms that spread throughout his body, including his lungs. They had remained inactive until his immune system was suppressed by steroid drugs used to treat an inflammatory disorder, according to the report. The 65-year-old man was apparently infected by the worms in Vietnam, one of many countries in the everybody where they’re known to infect humans. About 80 percent to 90 percent of people die if they are infected by the worm species and then suffer from called “hyperinfection” as the worms travel through their bodies, said report co-author Dr Niaz Banaei, an assistant professor of infectious diseases at Stanford University School of Medicine.
The man’s carton emphasizes the importance of testing patients who might be infected with the parasite before giving them drugs to dampen the immune system, said Dr Peter Hotez, dean of the National School of Tropical Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine, who’s unrestrained with the report findings. “You have to think twice before starting big doses of steroids. The problem is that most physicians are not taught about this disease.