The Number Of Diabetics Has Doubled Over The Past 30 Years. Part 3 of 3

The Number Of Diabetics Has Doubled Over The Past 30 Years – Part 3 of 3

Ezzati and Danaei suggest that more than two-thirds of this advance (70 percent) can be attributed to a world in which aging people are living longer, as diabetes risk goes up with age. An increase in the obesity rate, higher body horde indexes (BMI) and other critical risk factors unrelated to age accounts for the remaining 30 percent.

Genetic factors associated with ethnic origin, nutrition in the womb and inopportune life, diet quality, and physical activity might also affect these trends, the authors reported in the news release. Without better programs for detecting people with elevated blood sugar and helping them to recondition their diet, get more exercise and control their weight, “diabetes will inevitably continue to impose a major burden on health systems around the world”. On a brighter note, a separate study out of the United Kingdom revealed that those recently diagnosed with diabetes can complete improved control of their blood glucose levels when given just 6,5 hours of targeted nutritional guidance and support every year.

Parts: 1 2 3

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “The Number Of Diabetics Has Doubled Over The Past 30 Years. Part 3 of 3

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s